Re: [thewire] vacationing in Anaphoria

  • Kraig Grady
    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 3, 2001
      David!
      2-3.5 months!

      David Beardsley wrote:

> [...]

      -- Kraig Grady
      North American Embassy of Anaphoria island
      http://www.anaphoria.com

      The Wandering Medicine Show
      Wed. 8-9 KXLU 88.9 fm
    • David Beardsley
      Message 2 of 14 , Dec 3, 2001
        Good news! I'm looking forward to this.

        dB

          Message 4 of 14 , Dec 4, 2001
            mIEKAL!
            Now its not every one who has issues of Interval lying around. You must
            have some interest in all this stuff yourself so please tell.

            As far a lollapalooza there are now 3 maybe 4 festivals yearly. oops 5

            Johnny Reinhardt puts on the american festival of microtonal music for the
            last maybe 12 years.
            two others and myself put on microfest here on the west coast. 4 years
            coming up.

            John Catler and others have started a world out of tune festival.
            Sonja Wayne in El Paso has started Microhoot which plans to be nomadic and
            travel from city to city.
            Neil Haverstick put one on in Denver which i am not sure the name of.

            Message 5 of 14 , Dec 4, 2001
              > Now its not every one who has issues of Interval lying around. You
              must
              > have some interest in all this stuff yourself so please tell.
              >
              > As far a lollapalooza there are now 3 maybe 4 festivals yearly. oops 5
              >
              > Johnny Reinhardt puts on the american festival of microtonal music for the
              > last maybe 12 years.

              More like 20+!

              > two others and myself put on microfest here on the west coast. 4 years
              > coming up.
              >
              > John Catler and others have started a world out of tune festival.

              http://microtones.com/woot
              http://microtones.com/

              * David Beardsley
              * http://biink.com
              * http://mp3.com/davidbeardsley
            • Kraig Grady
              Message 6 of 14 , Dec 4, 2001
                David!
                Stand corrected, how time flies when you have you head in the cracks.
                also added a t to Reinhard that didn't belong.
                BTW are you one of the WOOT producers?

                Message 7 of 14 , Dec 4, 2001
                  Message 8 of 14 , Dec 6, 2001
                    Ive been working with a notion called hand-print intonation with gourd
                    saxophones. That is I get a gourd, put a mouthpiece on it & then get
                    comfortable holding that particular gourd in some way that reflects the
                    shapes of the gourd. I then make holes in the places that my fingers
                    have settled upon. sort of neaderthal harmonic theory. A few of my
                    music projects can be found at:

                    RADIO CATERPILLAR

                    http://cla.umn.edu/joglars/radio_caterpillar/index.html

                    pictures of a few instruments at:

                    http://net22.com/qazingulaza/inventedinstruments.html

                    radio caterpillar is also the name of my email radio station, but I
                    think it is having some downtime right now.

                    mIEKAL

                    Message 9 of 14 , Dec 6, 2001
                      mIEKAL aND!
                      Really would like to see/hear more!

                      When Jim was making an instrument to match on of my retuned vibraphones,
                      the first thing he did is but his fingers down on the tube and said this is
                      where the holes were going to be, weather i liked it or not :)
                      From here, it was a matter of having a set of drill bits of graduated
                      width and we proceeded up until we got the pitches we could. When tuning we
                      also had him play evenly without seeing the tuner so he wouldn't adjust to
                      it. you probably have noticed that the smaller the hole the more control you
                      can have over the tuning!