Introduction

  • Rudy Carrera
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 3, 2001
      Hello;

      I've joined a few mailing lists, and haven't visited some in some time, so I
      thought I'd re-introduce myself.

      I'm Rudy Carrera, and currently I reside in the Los Angeles area of the
      United States (until 2002 August, when I relocate to Macedonia). I run two
      records labels here, small ones, called Falcata-Galia and Tariff Records (in
      partnership with Favid Katznelson of Birdman Records, among others).
      Activity has been very quiet due to a strain on funds, but we will be active
      again in January 2002 with a bunch of new releases.

      My musical interests are pretty wide (free jazz, experimental/industrial
      [old-school], prog rock, ethnic music, modern classical and electronica,
      latin and euro pop (on occasion, anyway), and a really healthy obsession
      with music from Eastern Europe, the Maghreb, and Central Asia.

      Feel free to contact me or visit the sites for more.

      Best,

      Rudy Carrera
      Falçata-Galia Recordings and Tariff Records
      PO Box 134
      Rialto, California 92377 USA
      http://www.falcata-galia.com http://come.to/tariffrecs
    • Kraig Grady
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 3, 2001
        I Hope Rudy will forgive me in adding to his reintroduction that in the
        past when Rudy's path took him through stays at records stores, the selection
        of experimental music became the best offered in L.A., and his departure was
        immediately apparent. Many miss him in this respect....... but find his present
        offering even greater.

        Rudy Carrera wrote:

        > Hello;
        >
        > I've joined a few mailing lists, and haven't visited some in some time, so I
        > thought I'd re-introduce myself.
        >
        > I'm Rudy Carrera, and currently I reside in the Los Angeles area of the
        > United States (until 2002 August, when I relocate to Macedonia). I run two
        > records labels here, small ones, called Falcata-Galia and Tariff Records (in
        > partnership with Favid Katznelson of Birdman Records, among others).
        > Activity has been very quiet due to a strain on funds, but we will be active
        > again in January 2002 with a bunch of new releases.
        >
        > My musical interests are pretty wide (free jazz, experimental/industrial
        > [old-school], prog rock, ethnic music, modern classical and electronica,
        > latin and euro pop (on occasion, anyway), and a really healthy obsession
        > with music from Eastern Europe, the Maghreb, and Central Asia.
        >
        > Feel free to contact me or visit the sites for more.
        >
        > Best,
        >
        > Rudy Carrera
        > Falçata-Galia Recordings and Tariff Records
        > PO Box 134
        > Rialto, California 92377 USA
        > http://www.falcata-galia.com http://come.to/tariffrecs

        -- Kraig Grady
        North American Embassy of Anaphoria island
        http://www.anaphoria.com

        The Wandering Medicine Show
        Wed. 8-9 KXLU 88.9 fm
      • Rudy Carrera
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 4, 2001
          Ah, I appreciate that, Kraig! Good to know that the slogging I did at
          Aron's paid off a wee bit. I still remember discussing hurdy-gurdys and
          bagpipes with you at Lumpy Gravy, I think... Truly a man of taste!

          best,

          Rudy

          Rudy Carrera wrote:

          > Hello;
          >
          > I've joined a few mailing lists, and haven't visited some in some time, so
          > thought I'd re-introduce myself.
          >
          > I'm Rudy Carrera, and currently I reside in the Los Angeles area of the
          > United States (until 2002 August, when I relocate to Macedonia). I run
          two
          > records labels here, small ones, called Falcata-Galia and Tariff Records
          (in
          > partnership with Favid Katznelson of Birdman Records, among others).
          > Activity has been very quiet due to a strain on funds, but we will be
          active
          > again in January 2002 with a bunch of new releases.
          >
          > My musical interests are pretty wide (free jazz, experimental/industrial
          > [old-school], prog rock, ethnic music, modern classical and electronica,
          > latin and euro pop (on occasion, anyway), and a really healthy obsession
          > with music from Eastern Europe, the Maghreb, and Central Asia.
          >
          > Feel free to contact me or visit the sites for more.
          >
          > Best,
          >
          > Rudy Carrera
          > Falçata-Galia Recordings and Tariff Records
          > PO Box 134
          > Rialto, California 92377 USA
          > http://www.falcata-galia.com http://come.to/tariffrecs

          -- Kraig Grady
          North American Embassy of Anaphoria island
          http://www.anaphoria.com

          The Wandering Medicine Show
          Wed. 8-9 KXLU 88.9 fm

          TheWire List Info Page: [getting there]