RE: [thewire] Sussan Deyhim

  • Steeples Paul (Mr PW)
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 3, 2001
      Quite coincidentally, I got a mailing at the weekend from Artangel (an
      organisation that puts on art and performance events in the UK) and one of
      their projects for Autumn next year involves Sussan Deyhim and two other
      people (left the mailing at home, so I can't say who) doing a project based
      on Attar's Conference of the Birds, probably in London. I can provide more
      details for anyone who's interested, but thought you might like the advance
      warning...

    • mIEKAL aND
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 3, 2001
        Im only aware of the project by Peter Brook called "Conference of the
        Birds". Who is Attar?

        out of the loop,

        mIEKAL

        "Steeples Paul (Mr PW)" wrote:

        > Quite coincidentally, I got a mailing at the weekend from Artangel (an
        >
        > organisation that puts on art and performance events in the UK) and
        > one of
        > their projects for Autumn next year involves Sussan Deyhim and two
        > other
        > people (left the mailing at home, so I can't say who) doing a project
        > based
        > on Attar's Conference of the Birds, probably in London. I can provide
        > more
        > details for anyone who's interested, but thought you might like the
        > advance
        > warning...

      • Steeples Paul (Mr PW)
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 3, 2001
          Attar is the poet who wrote "The Conference of the Birds" an allegorical
          Sufi poem (and as you say, Peter Brook did a theatrical version). I'll post
          more details tomorrow, unless someone better informed gets in first...

          "Steeples Paul (Mr PW)" wrote:

          > Quite coincidentally, I got a mailing at the weekend from Artangel (an
          >
          > organisation that puts on art and performance events in the UK) and
          > one of
          > their projects for Autumn next year involves Sussan Deyhim and two
          > other
          > people (left the mailing at home, so I can't say who) doing a project
          > based
          > on Attar's Conference of the Birds, probably in London. I can provide
          > more
          > details for anyone who's interested, but thought you might like the
          > advance
          > warning...

          TheWire List Info Page: [getting there]

          This email has been scanned for viruses by the MessageLabs SkyScan service.

          For further details, please see
          http://www.gsi.gov.uk/main/gncnotices/gncinformationnotice5_2001.pdf, or
          contact your departmental help desk.

          The Message Labs trial has been extended until further notice.

          In case of problems, please call your organisations IT helpdesk.

        • Kraig Grady
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 3, 2001
            mIEKAL!
            Attar is the Sufi author who wrote "Conference of the birds".

            In Anaphoria, there is an ensemble called the "Ensemble of 31 birds"
            as a reference to Attar who is well liked there.

            mIEKAL aND wrote:

            > Im only aware of the project by Peter Brook called "Conference of the
            > Birds". Who is Attar?
            >
            > out of the loop,
            >
            > mIEKAL

            -- Kraig Grady
            North American Embassy of Anaphoria island
            http://www.anaphoria.com

            The Wandering Medicine Show
            Wed. 8-9 KXLU 88.9 fm