Re: [thewire] Re: Psychedelic Collage

  • Vincent Bergeron
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2001
      From: Stevo
      To: thewire@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Saturday, December 01, 2001 9:27 AM
      Subject: [thewire] Re: Psychedelic Collage

      --- In thewire@y..., "Vincent Bergeron" <vincent.bergeron2@v...>
      wrote:
      > It's done! It started off as an idea like that, but the end result
      is quiet
      > stunning i think! I took mostly really obscure samples. garage
      rock, sci-fi,
      > novelty items, built up rock-opera with samples, arty rock, noise
      rock (no
      > Velvet, Stooges, MC5... in there).

      >wot no MC5?

      No, i used garage rock, arty rock stuff, but no big names in the mix (except for Serge Gainsbourg in the previous part).

      > Joe byrd and the field hippies - you can't ever come down - The
      main guy
      > under United States Of America which released one of the best 60's
      records
      > period. This album is quiet terrible, but this song rule like almost
      > everything on the United States Of America. Unique moody
      psychedelic with
      > electronic explorations.

      >Thats a major shame. After the USA lp I hoped for greatness >here -so
      >you obviously wouldn't reccommend it? Thats not just going to >be down
      >to personal taste though is it?

      Well, it's quiet not like the the USA lp. Rare electronic explorations, gospel music, no wonderful introspective ballads, but a lot of bad psychedelic like "I Won't Leave My Wooden Wife For You..." on USA lp.

      > lollipop shoppe - you must be a witch - Punk music, nothing else.
      Don't even
      > sound like 60's!

      >This is the guiy who went from the Weeds -mid 60s +I thinbk >name
      >changed to this because of record label to currently playing >with
      >Dead Moon. I've still got to hear this but I hear its heavily
      >reccomended

      He also came back with a punk band in the 70's, the rats i think.

      Stevo
      Np Psychedelic furs

      -------Vincent Bergeron-------
      vincent.bergeron2@...