Re: Notification of subscription to thewire/facetious

  • rf
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 17, 1998
      >From: "Davis Ford" <forddavi@...>
      >
      >Boy, in between the melee of dialogue, I thought it would be fun to throw in
      >this poll:
      >
      >Your favorite record here:

      currently;
      MiniDisc World Titling Championship

      From The Daily Yomiuri, Japan
      November 8, 1998

      Takeshi Watanabe became the first MiniDisc World Titling Champion here in
      Tokyo today.

      The tournament , with 350 competitors,was divided into two parts ; titling
      with a MiniDisc system using a shuttle knob and also a portable of the
      users choice. To make it fair all round all titling was done in Roman
      characters.

      Entrants had to title random albums that had been pre-selected to contain
      the same number number of characters and songs.

      Takeshi titled "Tubular Bells" by Mike Oldfield on his Kenwood system in
      10.3 seconds and did "Queen's Greatest Hits" on his Sony R35 in 2 minute
      38.5 seconds.

      Takeshi's prize was 1,000,000 JPY, a new Sony R55 portable recorder and the
      full collection of Sony's pre-mastered library.

      Sony, the sponsors of the tournament, hope that this year's event at Tokyo
      Dome will become an annual event.

      >Impeach / Don't Impeach:

      he's careless and i couldn't care less

      rf