CDs for Review

  • bb454@xxxxxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 16, 1998
      I don't know if you've read the editorial in this month's "The Wire",
      pointing out that they get 500 CDs for review each month and they
      can't review them all. It also mentions that for minority interest
      music, The Wire is often the last (or only) point of call for
      reviews.

      I am in this situation, as I'm sure quite a lot of you are.

      My band Big Block 454 sent a copy of our latest CD "I Changed My
      Dentist... I Changed Him Into a Horse" in to The Wire a while ago -
      it doesn't look like it's going to get reviewed.

      Can anyone out there suggest any other similar magazines / webzines
      who might review it ?

      Cheers,
      Colin

      Colin, Big Block 454, Manchester, England
      The Official Big Block 454 Non-Ironic Web Site
      http://www.bigblock454.mcmail.com
      Raspberry Records
      http://www.raspberryrecords.com
    • Federico Ciappini
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 16, 1998
        hi,Colin.
        There'is a beautiful italian magazine that is very similar to The Wire for
        its particular and interesting musical choices,send your stuff to :

        BLOW UP
        Via Farneta 36
        52042 Camucia (AR)
        e-mail : blowup@...

        good luck!!!
        federico

        bb454@... wrote:

        > From: bb454@...
        >
        > I don't know if you've read the editorial in this month's "The Wire",
        > pointing out that they get 500 CDs for review each month and they
        > can't review them all. It also mentions that for minority interest
        > music, The Wire is often the last (or only) point of call for
        > reviews.
        >
        > I am in this situation, as I'm sure quite a lot of you are.
        >
        > My band Big Block 454 sent a copy of our latest CD "I Changed My
        > Dentist... I Changed Him Into a Horse" in to The Wire a while ago -
        > it doesn't look like it's going to get reviewed.
        >
        > Can anyone out there suggest any other similar magazines / webzines
        > who might review it ?
        >
        > Cheers,
        > Colin
        >
        > Colin, Big Block 454, Manchester, England
        > The Official Big Block 454 Non-Ironic Web Site
        > http://www.bigblock454.mcmail.com
        > Raspberry Records
        > http://www.raspberryrecords.com

      • Jerome Karlen
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 19, 1998
          >You can also send your disc to the french magazine OCTOPUS, similar to the
          Wire:
          octopus
          47, rue des Trois Bornes
          75011 PARIS