Re: Someone Help Me Locate the Following, Please

  • SKEEBLE
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 10, 1998
      if you are in newcastle, why don't you try 'surface noise'...they may be
      able to get hold of them for you?

      ----------
      > From: John <W.J.Gibson@...>
      > To: thewire@onelist.com
      > Subject: [thewire] Someone Help Me Locate the Following, Please
      > Date: 08 December 1998 17:48
      >
      > From: "John" <W.J.Gibson@...>
      >
      > Hello all,
      >
      > I want to track dwon the following on CD cos I don't have a turntable
      > and I don't care:
      >
      > That new Bisk one (forgotten the title)
      > That new id Battery one (forgotten that title too)
      > Mapa - Fudo
      >
      > All as featured in your brand spanking new copy of The Wire. I've
      > tried Forced Exposure, no luck; no luck at Bent Crayon either; ditto
      > Midheaven; even ditto sodding CD Universe. I could ask at HMV here
      > in Newcastle but I suspect I'll be waiting months before they get the
      > wrong CDs in for me.
      >
      > If anyone has any info as to where I can locate these albums, I would
      > much appreciate it.
      >
      > Thanks in advance, JOHN

    • rf
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 10, 1998
        >From: "SKEEBLE" <SKEEBLE@...>
        >
        >if you are in newcastle, why don't you try 'surface noise'...they may be
        >able to get hold of them for you?

        Good advice normally but seems to be r.i.p.

        rf
      • John
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 10, 1998
          > Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 08:24:42 -0000
          > From: "SKEEBLE" <SKEEBLE@...>
          > Subject: Re: Someone Help Me Locate the Following, Please
          >
          > if you are in newcastle, why don't you try 'surface noise'...they may be
          > able to get hold of them for you?

          Always the first port of call for stuff in Newcastle. Until they
          closed last month. Now there's NO good record shops in
          Newcastle. RPM is vaguley alright but hardly fantastic. Hence, mail
          order via the Web. I just don't trust big chains like Virgin. I
          don't believe they'll have a clue as to where they should be looking
          for this stuff.

          As for Mapa - well, if we have any Polish members who could translate
          a message to their record company...

          JOHN