Mick Harris "Hed Nod Sessions"

  • Dimitri della Faille
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2001
      For immediate release. Please pass around the information:

      Mick Harris "Hed Nod Session 04" is now available.

      http://www.hed-nod.com/

      The most anticipated Hed Nod release ever, Session 04 by Mick Harris
      is finally made available. Released on red transparent vinyl, Session
      04 contains thirty minutes of minimal and obsessive beats. These
      downtempo hip-hop and dub influenced beats are a perfect soundtrack
      to a chill out moment in a fast paced urban environment. Limited to
      only 300 copies, the apex in the Hed Nod series is the last session
      to be released on vinyl.

      Sound samples available here:
      http://www.hushush.com/hednod/catalog_nod04.shtml

      This disc will be available shortly from our usual distributors such
      as Soleilmoon, Scratch, Drone Records as well as our new distributor
      in France "La Faculte". So contact them if you want to order our
      releases. The disc is also available from us:
      11.00$US plus S&H
      http://www.hushush.com/hushush/order/catalog/nod.shtml
      We take PayPal, we have a GEMM account, we accept cash and money
      orders.

      Dimitri

      ARTIST: MICK HARRIS
      TITLE: HED NOD SESSION 04
      LABEL: HED NOD
      RELEASE DATE: OCTOBER 2001
      FORMAT: 12" LP
      REFERENCE: NOD04

      The most anticipated Hed Nod release ever, Session 04 by Mick Harris
      is finally made available. Released on red transparent vinyl, Session
      04 contains thirty minutes of minimal and obsessive beats. These
      downtempo hip-hop and dub influenced beats are a perfect soundtrack
      to a chill out moment in a fast paced urban environment. Mick Harris
      hard-edged rhythms are a remedy against weak and made-to-please dark
      rhythmic music. In the spirit of the Zen doctrine, the Hed Nod
      Sessions remain a hidden complexity in a world of visible
      simplicity.

      Mick Harris was provided all musical freedom that he used to
      experiment. Unlike most experimental music, Session 04 is not only
      unconventional music; it is also a real journey into its creator's
      mind. The integrity of his music gave the Birmingham Mongoose the
      reputation he's known for. Session 04 is as hard as you can get
      if you think superfluous is useless. It is in the light of the
      previous releases in the series probably the most achieved Hed Nod
      output.

      Limited to only 300 copies, the apex in the Hed Nod series is the last
      session to be released on vinyl. Forthcoming sessions will be
      available on CD as a split release with young and talented new
      artists.

      MICK HARRIS is a very influential and seminal figure in the
      contemporary underground music scene. Many of his projects changed the
      complexion of what electronic music has become today. Scorn one of the
      most sensational act from the nineties, Quoit his drum'n'bass project
      and Lull, a death calm ambient incarnation, to name a few. He is also
      known through many collaborative discs and projects he has had with
      artists such as James Plotkin, Eraldo Bernocchi, Martyn Bates, John
      Everall, Surgeon, Nigel Ayers, Neil Harvey, John Zorn and Bill
      Laswell. Mick is well known to the Hushush's aficionados for his work
      on the Threesome Series on which he collaborated with Ambre (Belgium)
      and Mark Spybey (Canada / United Kingdom).

      HED NOD was founded in Montreal in 1999 by Dimitri della Faille as a
      companion to his main label, Hushush (founded 1998). Hed Nod was
      initially started for the sole purpose of Mick Harris. But since then,
      Hed Nod released a compilation of various artists "Low End
      Recon". It is in our plans now to open our structure to numerous
      other talented new artists. Throughout the years, Hushush proved to
      the world, music was not fashion and temporary trends. Dimitri's
      credo with Hushush is to give the listener music with an added value,
      music made to last for very a difficult and distinguished ear.

      =====
      DISQUES HUSHUSH INC.
      Silence is a rhythm too

      web: http://www.hushush.com/