stockhausen

  • ralph2391311@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 2, 2001
      From what I've been able to gather, Stockhausen was speaking about
      Lucifer in New York, then made the comment "the biggest work of art".
      Meaning, what happened in New York was Lucifer's biggest work of art.
      Stockhausen was speaking about Lucifer before he made the comment,
      and this is obviously what he meant. Apparently the quote was taken
      out of context and broadcast, so people were hearing how Stockhausen
      stated what happened in New York was "the biggest work of art". The
      earlier part about Lucifer being in New York, and it obviously being
      Lucifer's biggest work of art was not taken in it's proper context,
      so Herr Stockhausen was made the whipping boy of the German media,
      who apparentley can't stand him.
    • gradyfinklemyer
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 29, 2004
        Can anyone recommend any recent Stockhausen on Stockhausen verlag? I
        haven't heard any of the "days of the week" stuff, and am wondering
        how it is. I'd like to try one of the cds with electronics on it, but
        not sure where to dip my toe in.
      • Dmitry Ukhov
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 29, 2004
          Stockhausen Verlag?
          All "the days" of Der Licht are more or less similar to each other, but,
          IMHO, the earlier ones (they were not composed in the "natural" order) have
          more drive. Try also Octophonie -sort of ambient electronics.
          dmitry
        • Kraig Grady
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 29, 2004
            Hymnen I think is really his best piece ,
            but telemusic is cheaper.
            from the seven days you might want to get the vinyl of the sections that
            were put out as they are the best of the lot
            communion and intensity being the best of these

            gradyfinklemyer wrote:

            >Can anyone recommend any recent Stockhausen on Stockhausen verlag? I
            >haven't heard any of the "days of the week" stuff, and am wondering
            >how it is. I'd like to try one of the cds with electronics on it, but
            >not sure where to dip my toe in.

            -Kraig Grady
            North American Embassy of Anaphoria Island
            http://www.anaphoria.com
            The Wandering Medicine Show
            KXLU 88.9 FM WED 8-9PM PST