Re: [thewire] Exploratory Music From Portugal, this month's free CD

  • Miguel Santos
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2001
      Portuguese music scene is very active and with plenty of
      musicians/projects to discover. The CD given free this month with
      The Wire is only a point of start. Hopefully more CDs will come in
      the future. Also if you have an opportunity, have a look at the
      Atlantic Waves 2001 festival (www.atlanticwaves.org.uk), which will
      take place in London in November and is a festival promoting the
      collaboration between Portuguese and British musicians.

      I would be quite keen to listen to what people think on those artists
      presented on Exploratory Music from Portugal CD.

      With best wishes,
      Miguel Santos

      On 29 Sep 01, at 23:48, Coral Rumsey wrote:

      > I had no idea there was so much (music) in it (the country). I bet there's
      > a good few other countries neglected by the Anglophone media-mafia worth
      > hearing a round-up from. Turkey? Denmark? Chile?
      >
      > yours ignorantly

    • andrew scanlan
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 1, 2001
        i think the david maranha & nuno rebelo tracks really
        stand out
        is rafael toral considered too high profile to be
        included?

        --- Miguel Santos <msantos@akira.u-net.com> wrote:
        > Portuguese music scene is very active and with
        > plenty of
        > musicians/projects to discover. The CD given free
        > this month with
        > The Wire is only a point of start. Hopefully more
        > CDs will come in
        > the future. Also if you have an opportunity, have a
        > look at the
        > Atlantic Waves 2001 festival
        > (www.atlanticwaves.org.uk), which will
        > take place in London in November and is a festival
        > promoting the
        > collaboration between Portuguese and British
        > musicians.
        >
        > I would be quite keen to listen to what people think
        > on those artists
        > presented on Exploratory Music from Portugal CD.
        >
        > With best wishes,
        > Miguel Santos

        http://phone.yahoo.com
      • Miguel Santos
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 2, 2001
          Rafel Toral too high profile? I don't think so, just a matter of taste...
          Also, some artists do not like to participate in compilations...

          Any other comments on the Exploratory Music from Portugal CD
          so far?