Re: [thewire] Turkish Music/Ilhan Mimaroglu [was "Music From Portugal"]

  • mIEKAL aND
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 30, 2001
      what about contemporary turkish experimental, whose making the
      interesting work...?

      mIEKAL

      I listen to sertab erener on a regular, poppy-folky in the sezen aksu
      vein. & goran bregovic, who isnt turkish, but I believe uses turkish
      musicians quite often. his cd (whose name I
      dont know, Im sure others out there do) of brass band melodies played at
      punk tempos needs a number of listenings just to take it all in.