Someone Help Me Locate the Following, Please

  • John
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 8, 1998
      Hello all,

      I want to track dwon the following on CD cos I don't have a turntable
      and I don't care:

      That new Bisk one (forgotten the title)
      That new id Battery one (forgotten that title too)
      Mapa - Fudo

      All as featured in your brand spanking new copy of The Wire. I've
      tried Forced Exposure, no luck; no luck at Bent Crayon either; ditto
      Midheaven; even ditto sodding CD Universe. I could ask at HMV here
      in Newcastle but I suspect I'll be waiting months before they get the
      wrong CDs in for me.

      If anyone has any info as to where I can locate these albums, I would
      much appreciate it.

      Thanks in advance, JOHN
    • rf
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 8, 1998
        >From: "John" <W.J.Gibson@...>
        >
        >Hello all,
        >
        >I want to track dwon the following on CD cos I don't have a turntable
        >and I don't care:
        >
        >That new Bisk one (forgotten the title)
        >That new id Battery one (forgotten that title too)
        >Mapa - Fudo
        >
        >All as featured in your brand spanking new copy of The Wire. I've
        >tried Forced Exposure, no luck; no luck at Bent Crayon either; ditto
        >Midheaven; even ditto sodding CD Universe. I could ask at HMV here
        >in Newcastle but I suspect I'll be waiting months before they get the
        >wrong CDs in for me.

        you could try Touch mailorder for bisk and id battery
        http://www.touch.demon.co.uk/dist2.htm

        rf
      • Markku Salonen
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 8, 1998
          Hello,

          My suggestion is Anomalous Records, http://www.anomalousrecords.com

          As a longtime customer I can tell you they update the online catalog
          extremely frequently and on the list of Dec. 7th you can read the
          following:

          * id battery "last blue before black" CD $11.99 subtle and evocative
          textural music using a mixture of quiet small sounds and earthy drones for
          careful listening. the second collaborative disc by brandon labelle and
          loren chasse. "Following the 'lily events' release of 1996, 'last blue
          before black' stems from our continued interest in 'found sounds within
          found spaces'. In this way, found space becomes a field of possible sounds
          and interactions � architectural ruins, industrial detritus, trodden
          footpaths become resonate sites in which we move, intervene and record. We
          discover instruments within the materiality of these environments, turning
          time and place into a sonorous landscape. Our work comes out of an incessant
          desire to be afoot, to remove ourselves from what we know and continually
          reinvent the spaces between subject and object, music and listening.
          Combining these activities with minimal electronics, the studio itself
          becomes modeled after the environments we encounter and record. In turn, we
          are played by the environment, our instruments consisting of nothing more
          than an ear and a belief in the moment." beautifully packaged in a slimline
          case with artwork screened directly on and attached on the box itself via
          transparent label, using the transparency to play the color of the disc
          (blue on one side, silver on the other) against the images. Unique Ancient
          Tavern U.S. UAT 4

          Markku

          John wrote:

          > From: "John" <W.J.Gibson@...>
          >
          > Hello all,
          >
          > I want to track dwon the following on CD cos I don't have a turntable
          > and I don't care:
          >
          > That new Bisk one (forgotten the title)
          > That new id Battery one (forgotten that title too)
          > Mapa - Fudo
          >

          > If anyone has any info as to where I can locate these albums, I would
          > much appreciate it.
          >
          > Thanks in advance, JOHN

        • The Wire
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 9, 1998
            Hello John, and everyone else trying to get hold of CDs we feature. I'd
            just like to remind about 'the directory' where we give, wherever possible,
            contact details for the labels. In the case of Mapa, they don't have
            distribution yet, but you can contact Antena Krzyku Unc (after attending a
            course in Polish:) direct via email, phone and fax.

            When they do have distribution (Bisk for expample) check who distributes it
            and contact the distributor direct to see where you can get it in your
            area.

            If that all fails, give us a ring and we'll try and help you out.

            good luck,
            Anne H. Neset

            >Hello all,
            >
            >I want to track dwon the following on CD cos I don't have a turntable
            >and I don't care:
            >
            >That new Bisk one (forgotten the title)
            >That new id Battery one (forgotten that title too)
            >Mapa - Fudo
            >
            >All as featured in your brand spanking new copy of The Wire. I've
            >tried Forced Exposure, no luck; no luck at Bent Crayon either; ditto
            >Midheaven; even ditto sodding CD Universe. I could ask at HMV here
            >in Newcastle but I suspect I'll be waiting months before they get the
            >wrong CDs in for me.
            >
            >If anyone has any info as to where I can locate these albums, I would
            >much appreciate it.
            >
            >Thanks in advance, JOHN

            THE WIRE Magazine: Adventures In Modern Music
            45-46 Poland Street London W1V 3DF UK
            Tel: +44 (0)171 439 6422 Fax: +44 (0)171 287 4767
            Subscriptions: +44 (0)171 734 3555 Ads: +44 (0)171 494 1340
            E-mail: the_wire@...
            Web: http://www.dfuse.com/the-wire
          • SKEEBLE
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 10, 1998
              if you are in newcastle, why don't you try 'surface noise'...they may be
              able to get hold of them for you?

              ----------
              > From: John <W.J.Gibson@...>
              > To: thewire@onelist.com
              > Subject: [thewire] Someone Help Me Locate the Following, Please
              > Date: 08 December 1998 17:48
              >
              > From: "John" <W.J.Gibson@...>
              >
              > Hello all,
              >
              > I want to track dwon the following on CD cos I don't have a turntable
              > and I don't care:
              >
              > That new Bisk one (forgotten the title)
              > That new id Battery one (forgotten that title too)
              > Mapa - Fudo
              >
              > All as featured in your brand spanking new copy of The Wire. I've
              > tried Forced Exposure, no luck; no luck at Bent Crayon either; ditto
              > Midheaven; even ditto sodding CD Universe. I could ask at HMV here
              > in Newcastle but I suspect I'll be waiting months before they get the
              > wrong CDs in for me.
              >
              > If anyone has any info as to where I can locate these albums, I would
              > much appreciate it.
              >
              > Thanks in advance, JOHN

            • rf
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 10, 1998
                >From: "SKEEBLE" <SKEEBLE@...>
                >
                >if you are in newcastle, why don't you try 'surface noise'...they may be
                >able to get hold of them for you?

                Good advice normally but seems to be r.i.p.

                rf
              • John
                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 10, 1998
                  > Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 08:24:42 -0000
                  > From: "SKEEBLE" <SKEEBLE@...>
                  > Subject: Re: Someone Help Me Locate the Following, Please
                  >
                  > if you are in newcastle, why don't you try 'surface noise'...they may be
                  > able to get hold of them for you?

                  Always the first port of call for stuff in Newcastle. Until they
                  closed last month. Now there's NO good record shops in
                  Newcastle. RPM is vaguley alright but hardly fantastic. Hence, mail
                  order via the Web. I just don't trust big chains like Virgin. I
                  don't believe they'll have a clue as to where they should be looking
                  for this stuff.

                  As for Mapa - well, if we have any Polish members who could translate
                  a message to their record company...

                  JOHN