the non-techno examples of MAX, etc.

  • Дмитрий Ухов
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 3, 2001
      >Can anyone give examples of recordings of MAX based music (or something
      >similar) and, if possible, elabortae on the way >they were used?
      If you are tired of regular techno pulse,
      check the Computer Music Series (Centaur) and Computer Music Currents
      (Wergo) or Leonardo Music Journal with audio supllement.
      Possibilities of MAX in interactive context are almost unlimited. Lately I
      found out that Neil Leonard's " Timaeus" for saxophone and electronics
      (Cedar Hill Records) is acceptible even by mainstream jazzmen.
      www.neilleonard.com
    • Jim Flannery
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 3, 2001
        äÍÉÔÒÉÊ õÈÏ× wrote:

        > If you are tired of regular techno pulse,

        If I'm not mistaken, Lawrence Casserly uses MAX in his collaborations with Evan
        Parker -- check out _Solar Wind_ or _Live at 'Les Instants Chavires'_, e.g. ...
        certainly, far from "techno pulse".

        Jim Flannery newgrange@...

        "I mean, you realise that Throbbing Gristle could have been
        as successful as the Nolan Sisters if they'd understood
        structure and procedure."
        -- Kim Fowley
        np: Haxton, "Ital Ital"
        nr: R.A. Lafferty, _Apocalypses_