Re: [thewire] Re: Gay Rap

  • Kraig Grady
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 2001
      Ralph!
      We have our own special list for just this type of disagreement.
      please take it there and possibly you and ryan and anyone else getting
      into it (maybe even me) can go to
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Meta_wire

      ralph2391311@... wrote:

      > --- In thewire@y..., "Ryan Whitehead" <ryan_whitehead@h...> wrote:
      > > Apologies for posting my previous message to the list ... one of
      > those
      > > address errors ... a message intended for one sent to all.
      > >
      > > Ryan
      > >

      > Who gives a rat's ass WHAT you post? And what is the meaning of your
      > likkle rant against me anyway? I don't remember railing against
      > rap/r&b etc. all over again. You can't seem to forget it, however.
      >

      > > >From: "Ryan Whitehead" <ryan_whitehead@h...>
      > > >To: thewire@y...
      > > >Subject: [thewire] Gay Rap
      > > >Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 16:08:05 -0700
      > > >
      > > >We're all well aware of your disdain for rap/hip-hop/urban music
      > of all
      > > >stripes. Look, if you want, you can start a onelist group that is
      > 100%
      > > >about
      > > >marshalling every offensive accent, colloquialism, etc., to bash
      > R&B/rap,
      > > >its fans, its practitioners, the business interests that support
      > it, the
      > > >society that birthed it ... and we'll sit here oblivious to our
      > role in
      > > >burning rome, in manifesting bedlam. Just think: your own list.
      > You can
      > > >talk
      > > >about faggots, niggers, kikes, bitches ... you can write like a
      > mountain
      > > >empassioned by the sight of a hairy chest or an efete city-slicker
      > hot for
      > > >golden shower ... fuck the boom-boom in your trunk: the world can
      > be your
      > > >oyster! But hey, cast not your pearls before swine ... your
      > talents are
      > > >wasted here: we fail to recognize the common strand of genius
      > binding Lenny
      > > >Bruce to Andrew Dice Clay.
      > > >
      > > >So, unless it's too much to ask, can you talk about Krautrock
      > again?
      > > >

      > > >rw

      > http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp

      -- Kraig Grady
      North American Embassy of Anaphoria island
      http://www.anaphoria.com

      The Wandering Medicine Show
      Wed. 8-9 KXLU 88.9 fm