Re: [thewire] Gay Rap

  • Ryan Whitehead
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 31, 2001
      Apologies for posting my previous message to the list ... one of those
      address errors ... a message intended for one sent to all.

      Ryan

      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 1, 2001
        --- In thewire@y..., "Ryan Whitehead" <ryan_whitehead@h...> wrote:
        > Apologies for posting my previous message to the list ... one of
        those
        > address errors ... a message intended for one sent to all.
        >
        > Ryan

        Who gives a rat's ass WHAT you post? And what is the meaning of your
        likkle rant against me anyway? I don't remember railing against
        rap/r&b etc. all over again. You can't seem to forget it, however.

        > >From: "Ryan Whitehead" <ryan_whitehead@h...>
        > >To: thewire@y...
        > >Subject: [thewire] Gay Rap
        > >Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 16:08:05 -0700
        > >
        > >We're all well aware of your disdain for rap/hip-hop/urban music
        of all
        > >stripes. Look, if you want, you can start a onelist group that is
        100%
        > >about
        > >marshalling every offensive accent, colloquialism, etc., to bash
        R&B/rap,
        > >its fans, its practitioners, the business interests that support
        it, the
        > >society that birthed it ... and we'll sit here oblivious to our
        role in
        > >burning rome, in manifesting bedlam. Just think: your own list.
        You can
        > >talk
        > >about faggots, niggers, kikes, bitches ... you can write like a
        mountain
        > >empassioned by the sight of a hairy chest or an efete city-slicker
        hot for
        > >golden shower ... fuck the boom-boom in your trunk: the world can
        be your
        > >oyster! But hey, cast not your pearls before swine ... your
        talents are
        > >wasted here: we fail to recognize the common strand of genius
        binding Lenny
        > >Bruce to Andrew Dice Clay.
        > >
        > >So, unless it's too much to ask, can you talk about Krautrock
        again?

        > >rw

        http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp
      • Kraig Grady
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 1, 2001
          Ralph!
          We have our own special list for just this type of disagreement.
          please take it there and possibly you and ryan and anyone else getting
          into it (maybe even me) can go to
          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Meta_wire

          ralph2391311@... wrote:

          > --- In thewire@y..., "Ryan Whitehead" <ryan_whitehead@h...> wrote:
          > > Apologies for posting my previous message to the list ... one of
          > those
          > > address errors ... a message intended for one sent to all.
          > >
          > > Ryan
          > >

          > Who gives a rat's ass WHAT you post? And what is the meaning of your
          > likkle rant against me anyway? I don't remember railing against
          > rap/r&b etc. all over again. You can't seem to forget it, however.
          >

          > > >From: "Ryan Whitehead" <ryan_whitehead@h...>
          > > >To: thewire@y...
          > > >Subject: [thewire] Gay Rap
          > > >Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 16:08:05 -0700
          > > >
          > > >We're all well aware of your disdain for rap/hip-hop/urban music
          > of all
          > > >stripes. Look, if you want, you can start a onelist group that is
          > 100%
          > > >about
          > > >marshalling every offensive accent, colloquialism, etc., to bash
          > R&B/rap,
          > > >its fans, its practitioners, the business interests that support
          > it, the
          > > >society that birthed it ... and we'll sit here oblivious to our
          > role in
          > > >burning rome, in manifesting bedlam. Just think: your own list.
          > You can
          > > >talk
          > > >about faggots, niggers, kikes, bitches ... you can write like a
          > mountain
          > > >empassioned by the sight of a hairy chest or an efete city-slicker
          > hot for
          > > >golden shower ... fuck the boom-boom in your trunk: the world can
          > be your
          > > >oyster! But hey, cast not your pearls before swine ... your
          > talents are
          > > >wasted here: we fail to recognize the common strand of genius
          > binding Lenny
          > > >Bruce to Andrew Dice Clay.
          > > >
          > > >So, unless it's too much to ask, can you talk about Krautrock
          > again?
          > > >

          > > >rw

          > http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp

          -- Kraig Grady
          North American Embassy of Anaphoria island
          http://www.anaphoria.com

          The Wandering Medicine Show
          Wed. 8-9 KXLU 88.9 fm