Gay Rap

  • Ryan Whitehead
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 30, 2001
      We're all well aware of your disdain for rap/hip-hop/urban music of all
      stripes. Look, if you want, you can start a onelist group that is 100% about
      marshalling every offensive accent, colloquialism, etc., to bash R&B/rap,
      its fans, its practitioners, the business interests that support it, the
      society that birthed it ... and we'll sit here oblivious to our role in
      burning rome, in manifesting bedlam. Just think: your own list. You can talk
      about faggots, niggers, kikes, bitches ... you can write like a mountain
      empassioned by the sight of a hairy chest or an efete city-slicker hot for a
      golden shower ... fuck the boom-boom in your trunk: the world can be your
      oyster! But hey, cast not your pearls before swine ... your talents are
      wasted here: we fail to recognize the common strand of genius binding Lenny
      Bruce to Andrew Dice Clay.

      So, unless it's too much to ask, can you talk about Krautrock again?

      rw

    • Ryan Whitehead
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 31, 2001
        Apologies for posting my previous message to the list ... one of those
        address errors ... a message intended for one sent to all.

        Ryan

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 1, 2001
          --- In thewire@y..., "Ryan Whitehead" <ryan_whitehead@h...> wrote:
          > Apologies for posting my previous message to the list ... one of
          those
          > address errors ... a message intended for one sent to all.
          >
          > Ryan

          Who gives a rat's ass WHAT you post? And what is the meaning of your
          likkle rant against me anyway? I don't remember railing against
          rap/r&b etc. all over again. You can't seem to forget it, however.

          > >From: "Ryan Whitehead" <ryan_whitehead@h...>
          > >To: thewire@y...
          > >Subject: [thewire] Gay Rap
          > >Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 16:08:05 -0700
          > >
          > >We're all well aware of your disdain for rap/hip-hop/urban music
          of all
          > >stripes. Look, if you want, you can start a onelist group that is
          100%
          > >about
          > >marshalling every offensive accent, colloquialism, etc., to bash
          R&B/rap,
          > >its fans, its practitioners, the business interests that support
          it, the
          > >society that birthed it ... and we'll sit here oblivious to our
          role in
          > >burning rome, in manifesting bedlam. Just think: your own list.
          You can
          > >talk
          > >about faggots, niggers, kikes, bitches ... you can write like a
          mountain
          > >empassioned by the sight of a hairy chest or an efete city-slicker
          hot for
          > >golden shower ... fuck the boom-boom in your trunk: the world can
          be your
          > >oyster! But hey, cast not your pearls before swine ... your
          talents are
          > >wasted here: we fail to recognize the common strand of genius
          binding Lenny
          > >Bruce to Andrew Dice Clay.
          > >
          > >So, unless it's too much to ask, can you talk about Krautrock
          again?

          > >rw

          http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp
        • Kraig Grady
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 1, 2001
            Ralph!
            We have our own special list for just this type of disagreement.
            please take it there and possibly you and ryan and anyone else getting
            into it (maybe even me) can go to
            http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Meta_wire

            ralph2391311@... wrote:

            > --- In thewire@y..., "Ryan Whitehead" <ryan_whitehead@h...> wrote:
            > > Apologies for posting my previous message to the list ... one of
            > those
            > > address errors ... a message intended for one sent to all.
            > >
            > > Ryan
            > >

            > Who gives a rat's ass WHAT you post? And what is the meaning of your
            > likkle rant against me anyway? I don't remember railing against
            > rap/r&b etc. all over again. You can't seem to forget it, however.
            >

            > > >From: "Ryan Whitehead" <ryan_whitehead@h...>
            > > >To: thewire@y...
            > > >Subject: [thewire] Gay Rap
            > > >Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 16:08:05 -0700
            > > >
            > > >We're all well aware of your disdain for rap/hip-hop/urban music
            > of all
            > > >stripes. Look, if you want, you can start a onelist group that is
            > 100%
            > > >about
            > > >marshalling every offensive accent, colloquialism, etc., to bash
            > R&B/rap,
            > > >its fans, its practitioners, the business interests that support
            > it, the
            > > >society that birthed it ... and we'll sit here oblivious to our
            > role in
            > > >burning rome, in manifesting bedlam. Just think: your own list.
            > You can
            > > >talk
            > > >about faggots, niggers, kikes, bitches ... you can write like a
            > mountain
            > > >empassioned by the sight of a hairy chest or an efete city-slicker
            > hot for
            > > >golden shower ... fuck the boom-boom in your trunk: the world can
            > be your
            > > >oyster! But hey, cast not your pearls before swine ... your
            > talents are
            > > >wasted here: we fail to recognize the common strand of genius
            > binding Lenny
            > > >Bruce to Andrew Dice Clay.
            > > >
            > > >So, unless it's too much to ask, can you talk about Krautrock
            > again?
            > > >

            > > >rw

            > http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp

            -- Kraig Grady
            North American Embassy of Anaphoria island
            http://www.anaphoria.com

            The Wandering Medicine Show
            Wed. 8-9 KXLU 88.9 fm