Who is your sunshine?

  • Дмитрий Ухов
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 15, 2001
      Let a jazz afficionado speak. The People who turned "You Are My Sunshine"
      words inti pure music are George Russel Sextet (early 60s) featuring the
      one and only Sheila Jordan.
    • Jason Witherspoon
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 15, 2001
        At 8:36 AM +0400 8/16/01, ÑÏËڕËÈ ìžÓ’ wrote:
        >Let a jazz afficionado speak. The People who turned "You Are My Sunshine"
        >words inti pure music are George Russel Sextet (early 60s) featuring the
        >one and only Sheila Jordan.

        Wow, what album is that on?

        One of the _Electronic Sonata{s} for Souls Loved by Nature_ shoulda
        made it onto the Wire Hot 100. About time they run another set by
        us, eh? That list still seems to be a big favorite years later--
        --

        Jason Witherspoon
        ICQ #62837760

        ---------
        ----O----
        --- ---
        --- ---
        ----O----
        ---------
      • Jim Flannery
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 15, 2001
          Jason Witherspoon wrote:
          > At 8:36 AM +0400 8/16/01, ÑÏËڕËÈ ìžÓ’ wrote:
          > >Let a jazz afficionado speak. The People who turned "You Are My Sunshine"
          > >words inti pure music are George Russel Sextet (early 60s) featuring the
          > >one and only Sheila Jordan.
          > Wow, what album is that on?

          _The Outer View_, on Riverside. '62, I think.

          Jim Flannery newgrange@...

          "I mean, you realise that Throbbing Gristle could have been
          as successful as the Nolan Sisters if they'd understood
          structure and procedure."
          -- Kim Fowley
          np: Galloping Coroners, _Dancing with the Sun_
          nr: Paul Morley, _Nothing_