Re: [thewire] krautsources?

  • Tom Theunissen
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 14 11:19 AM
      If you live in Europe, you should definitely check out the following:

      1. Ohrwaschl in Munich (Germany). Friendly and accurate service. On top of
      their own releases (reissues) they also distribute labels like Spalax,
      Garden of Delights and Peter Frohmader's stuff. (Frohmader's 'Nekropolis'
      is a nice piece of dark bedroom-electronics predating Aphex Twin by almost
      15 years)
      http://www.ohrwaschl.de/

      2. For lots of progressive and kraut, Amazon.de is a surprisingly good
      choice.
      http://www.amazon.de/

      3. If you ever happen to visit Cologne, go to musiclovers' Walhalla, Saturn
      (Hansaring) probably the biggest cd-store in the world (never found a larger
      outlet in NY or Tokyo). Very good for 60-70 pop/prog, indie,
      techno/elektronica and an impressive jazz cellar as well. Lots of special
      offers, cheap reissues/collections..
      For more obscure stuff A-Musik is a must.
      http://www.a-musik.com/mon/light/home.html

      4. USA: Other Music, Forced Exposure,.. (usual suspects)

      My own Krautfaves (b-list, excluding the Can/Faust/Neu-masterworks)

      AMON DUUL I Paradieswarts Düül
      BETWEEN Dharana
      BRAINTICKET Cottonwoodhill
      CLUSTER Cluster '71
      DOM Edge of time
      GOTTSCHING MANUEL Inventions for solo guitar
      HARMONIA Musik von Harmonia
      MOEBIUS & PLANK Rastakrautpasta/Material
      NOVALIS Sommerabend
      ROEDELIUS Jardin fou
      TANGERINE DREAM Electronic meditation
      YATHA SIDHRA A meditation mass