ZTT

  • Coral Rumsey
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 2, 2001
      Ah yes, the Art of Noise, whose single 'Moments In Love' had that daft video showing a tortoise on a roller-skate. My fave on ZTT was Propaganda whose 'A Secret Wish' I still love to death, sort of splendidly-grandiose Germanic twist on the label's house-style. 'Dallas' shoulder-pads in Dr Faust's laboratory. Shame they never really followed it up.

      S'pose the Fairlight, Emulator, PPG Wave and all must be equivalent processor-power-wise to summat like a mobile-phone battery now, but I liked v much what some people did with 'em and if/when they become cult retro instruments I shall want to know where they were kept in the interim to be found by the never-put-a-foot-wrong cultural-managers.

    • jamello@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 3, 2001
        My fondest ZTT memory: I'm (almost) embarrassed to admit that one highlight of my live-band experiences was seeing Frankie Goes to Hollywood do an absolutley ripping version of "Born to Run" live at the Ritz in NY on their first US tour.

        I was young, give me a break.