Bernard Parmegiani -- new?

  • Oeivind Idsoe
    Message 1 of 1 , May 29, 1998
      In the latest issue of The Wire, one of the Charts contains a release by the
      French electroacoustic/electronic composer Bernard Parmegiani called "Serie
      Gramme". Does anyone know if this is a *new* release? Or is it, as I suspect, an
      old record (LP?) containing some of his earlier works, works that are now
      available (if spread) on CD?

      Because I already have three of his CDs (on INA-GRM), "De natura sonorum",
      "Violostries..." and "La creation du monde", and I can honestly say I love them
      to death. I am currently going through "La creation..." and the CD seems to be
      full of fantastic excursions into the world of electronically split atoms.
      Anyone
      remember Autechre's Post Scriptum in the January '98 issue -- "Bernard
      Parmegiani: Fucking Hell!". I'm here to tell you they are so right. Unlike most
      other electroacousticians I've heard (within the so-called "academic" field of
      music), Parmegiani doesn't stear away from repetition, but embraces it with the
      same passion as, for example, Autechre: constantly changing but with a constant;
      large soundfields and tiny fragments of twisted audio, concrete + analogue +
      digital. A lovely synthesis of my favourite things.

      Go get it, folks.

      /�ivind/