Wadada Leo Smith in RealAudio

  • Herb Levy
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2001
      Hi y'all,

      This week Mappings, a weekly new music program on Antenna Internet
      Radio <http://www.antennaradio.com/avant/mappings/index.htm> presents
      a slew of work by composer/performer Wadada Leo Smith from the
      mid-1970s to the present including many works originally released on
      vinyl that have not been re-issued on CD, featuring performances by
      musicians such as Lester Bowie, California EAR Unit, Anthony Davis,
      Malachi Favors Magoustous, Charlie Haden, Oliver Lake, New Century
      Players, Mark Trayle, Bertram Turetzky, Kenny Wheeler, Min Xiao-Fen,
      and many others, as well as Wadada Leo Smith.

      The RealAudio program went online about 10-11 pm (Greenwich -0800) on
      Monday night and will remain online for a week. I hope you have a
      chance to check out the show.

      Last week's program (featuring music with roots in Asian musical
      traditions by Byron Au Yong, Chen Yi, James Fei, Ge Gan-Ru, Jason Kao
      Hwang, I.S.O., Jin Hi Kim, Bun-Ching Lam, Teizo Matsumura, Tadao
      Sawai, and Min Xiao-Fen) is available in the archives:
      <http://www.antennaradio.com/avant/mappings/index1.htm>

      See you online.

      Bests,

      Herb