Re: third eye sonics

  • jamie sexton
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 28, 1998
      On Mon, 26 Oct 1998 08:52:57 -0500 Davis Ford
      <forddavi@...> wrote:
      > From: "Davis Ford" <forddavi@...>

      > I seem to recall that in the new Wire, Tony Herrington waxes poetic about
      > this, too. He said something about incorporating Bossa Nova into it???
      > What's that about?

      Well, it has something to do with the drum 'n' bass
      structure of the opeing track, which is very bossa nova.
      However, this track ("a galaxy of scars") really sounds to
      me as thouh it heavily samples Eno's "sombre reptiles"
      (from "another green world") - both the drum pattern and
      the warped lurches of sound seem to twist and mutate that
      track. This is a personal comparison, yet as I know bugger
      all about making music out of samples it is just a guess:
      nevertheless, the comparisons are salient. They are also
      both great tracks. Overall, the bossa nova stuff is there if
      you want to look for it, but it doesn't strike me with any
      immediecy.

      J.Sexton