Nosferatu

  • ddhulster
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 4, 2001
      Daniel DiMaggio wrote :
      "That reminds me, does anyone know of a record/CD with the music from
      the
      original silent "Nosferautu" movie? Who composed the score?"

      The DVD-version names : Timothy Howard, musical
      setting compiled and performed by T.H.,
      probably also a restored version.
      But at those days, it was common that the music in silent
      movies was improvised.

      Check also the 'newer' score made by Art Zoyd : Nosferatu.
      (Mantra 031CD)

      DirK
    • Daniel DiMaggio
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 4, 2001
        Improvised? If so then its amazing - free improv from the 20s.

      • HeavySoul9@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 4, 2001
          There was actually a happening back in October announced in the magazine
          about the film and Faust doing the score.