RE: [thewire] Sound on Film Live

  • Steven Taylor
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 2, 2001
      Would have gone if I hadnt have found out the Matmos/People like us gig was
      cancelled until it was too late!.. doh... bad night all round..

      This is what I missed last night at the Barbican (London). Did anyone go?
      I'm really mad I missed it. Grr.

      "Only Connect The first ever live performance of four short films featuring
      collaborations between pioneering and acclaimed film directors and
      composers:
      The New Math(s) directed by Hal Hartley is screened with Andriessen's score
      performed by Dutch new music ensemble Electra. For Pilgrimage, Sir John
      Tavener sets music to the images of the infamous Werner Herzog performed by
      Parvin Cox, BBC Symphony Orchestra, and Westminster Cathedral Choir
      conducted
      by Paul Goodwin. In Absentia Karlheinz Stockhausen's experimental sounds are

      played back to the obsessively detailed work of the enigmatic The Brothers
      Quay. For Nicolas Roeg's The Sound, Adrian Utley of Portishead has created a

      new score featuring a range of special guests. Sound on Film was
      commissioned
      by BBC TV and pipeline films (executive producer Rodney Wilson)."

      Jawed

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=168002.1291681.2888959.2/D=egroupmail/S=1700023975:N/
      A=564957/*http://www.columbiahouse.com/gateway?token=7416> Choose 3 DVDs for
      $0.49 each!
      Click for Details

      <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=168002.1291681.2888959.2/D=egroupmail/S=17
      00023975:N/A=564957/rand=119489991>

      <http://www.msu.edu/user/forddavi/wirelist.html>

      <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

    • Jawed Ashraf
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 11, 2001
        K peeps, you can catch the TV programmes this week Beeb 2 11:20 (quotes from
        the webby):

        Monday:
        Pilgrimage: Werner Herzog and John Taverner broach the topic of human pathos
        at a Mexican pilgrimage.

        Tuesday:
        Sound: Director Nic Roeg, Portishead's Adrian Utley and model Claudia
        Schiffer present a meditation on celebrity, memory and the relationship
        between aural and visual perception.

        Wednesday:
        The New Math: Composer Louis Andriessen and director Hal Hartley collaborate
        on a film about mathematics and fun. Action centres around the meaning of an
        equation on a blackboard.

        Thursday:
        In Absentia: One of the most innovative and influential composers of the
        last century, Karlheinz Stockhausen, teams up with animation aces the
        Brothers Quay to produce a dreamlike film.

        Jawed