Matmos / People like us / Life with Buildings

  • Steven Taylor
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 2, 2001
      Hello, I trudged along to '93 Feet East' in east london last night to see
      Matmos and co...
      But when I got there the bar staff said they hadnt got a clue what I was on
      about!
      Which is a shame because I was looking forward to it! Anyone know what
      happened?
      (The gig was advertised in last weeks Guardian guide).

      Steve
    • John Farrar
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 3, 2001
        Hi Steven

        > (The gig was advertised in last weeks Guardian guide).

        That sounds like your first mistake!!! It's best to check anything the
        Guardian advertises with another source.

        John

        > Hello, I trudged along to '93 Feet East' in east london last night to see
        > Matmos and co...
        > But when I got there the bar staff said they hadnt got a clue what I was
        on
        > about!
        > Which is a shame because I was looking forward to it! Anyone know what
        > happened?
        >
        > Steve

      • Gerard Cosloy
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 3, 2001
          the event in question was never actually confirmed with Matmos --- the
          promoters informed them several weeks ago that the gig was not happening,
          presumably this was after listings had been sent to the Guardian and other
          places.

          John Farrar wrote:

          > Hi Steven
          >
          > > (The gig was advertised in last weeks Guardian guide).
          >
          > That sounds like your first mistake!!! It's best to check anything the
          > Guardian advertises with another source.
          >
          > John

        • SUGAR in their vitamins?
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 5, 2001
            the show was cancelled a week, maybe two weeks ago.
            there was an email sent out by vicky, but apparently
            it wasn't in time to stop the ad.

            check the soleilmoon website for details of future plu
            dates in london (coming up) and abroad.

            hasta.

            On Fri, 2 Mar 2001, Steven Taylor wrote:

            > Hello, I trudged along to '93 Feet East' in east london last night to see
            > Matmos and co...
            > But when I got there the bar staff said they hadnt got a clue what I was on
            > about!
            > Which is a shame because I was looking forward to it! Anyone know what
            > happened?
            > (The gig was advertised in last weeks Guardian guide).

            Yes. Beautiful, wonderful nature. Hear it sing to us: *snap* Yes. natURE.