Sv: [thewire] beach boys

  • Peter Heide
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3, 2001

      > > there's also lots of multi-disc smile boots around. i haven't heard those.
      >
      > There's basically one 2CD and one 3LP. I believe all Smile boots are some
      > sort of permutation of this material (the former, referred to as the
      > "Japanese" boot came from tapes made for the band during a period in which
      > they were considering issuing the stuff, so they're imaginably close to
      > what's languishing around the vaults). Overall I'd say the 2CD is
      > superior, though the 3LP does have a mind-bending section of "George Fell
      > Into His French Horn" that I haven't heard anywhere else.

      In the end of 1999 Sea Of Tunes released a single CD + a 3-CD set
      called "The Smile Sessions" with a lot of unreleased Smile outtakes
      not to be found anywhere else.Today they can found on a lot of
      bootlegs I guess.

      The single Smile CD is more or less a compilation of the 3-cd set +
      whats around. Great music btw.

      If you want some of the above..just go to Napster