RE: [thewire] Tresor Mix

  • JacobM
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 2, 2001
      Hmm
      not sure if theses are exactly what your after but they are great records
      all the same::

      generally tresor volume 1-8 compilations are very good.. volume 8 has just
      come out..

      Claude Youngs DJ kicks (studioK7) mix is awesome..and quite a similar style
      to Daniel Bell ..

      Luomo - Vocalcity .. very minimal house ..georgeous, as is most valislav
      delay stuff..

      anyone have any recomendations for older clicks_n_cuts style music..
      i.e //the origins of the style?.. early mille plateau or other labels?

      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 2, 2001
        <20 degree lilt off topic>

        a word about that luomo: i'd strongly advise anyone to pick it up, a
        very late (by the time i got around to it) but strong contender for my
        favourite album of last year. i'm generally not much about vocal
        house*, which is maybe why it seems so lush and exotic but it's
        utterly compelling, totally convincing and everything sophisticated
        dance music should be.

        *don't let that put you off if this is not yr bag, it has many subtle
        touches that keep it in line with the general delay/uusitalo (again:
        vaapa muurari live - go buy!) vibe/attention to detail but it's
        unashamedly dancefloor friendly. music for mind and pants..

        while we're with that man: has anyone got to grips with vlad's 'anima'
        yet? i'm finding it a little less satisfying than entain, it's
        undeniably a thing a genius but seems lighter and more febrile next to
        the ebb and flow of that cauldron of subterranean nanobots..

        ______________________________________
        Chris Herbert chrish@...

        Mercia Software Ltd.
        Mercia House