Tresor Mix

  • Terry Engelbrecht
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 31, 2001
      I just picked up Globus Mix 4 on Tresor (The Button Down Mind of Daniel
      Bell) - are the other Globus mixes as good as this one? Herbert's Globus 5
      is on its way to me, but what about the earlier ones? Other recommendations
      in this vein (Isolee, Losoul,...?), anybody?
      thanks,
      ~terry
    • JacobM
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 2, 2001
        Hmm
        not sure if theses are exactly what your after but they are great records
        all the same::

        generally tresor volume 1-8 compilations are very good.. volume 8 has just
        come out..

        Claude Youngs DJ kicks (studioK7) mix is awesome..and quite a similar style
        to Daniel Bell ..

        Luomo - Vocalcity .. very minimal house ..georgeous, as is most valislav
        delay stuff..

        anyone have any recomendations for older clicks_n_cuts style music..
        i.e //the origins of the style?.. early mille plateau or other labels?

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 2, 2001
          <20 degree lilt off topic>

          a word about that luomo: i'd strongly advise anyone to pick it up, a
          very late (by the time i got around to it) but strong contender for my
          favourite album of last year. i'm generally not much about vocal
          house*, which is maybe why it seems so lush and exotic but it's
          utterly compelling, totally convincing and everything sophisticated
          dance music should be.

          *don't let that put you off if this is not yr bag, it has many subtle
          touches that keep it in line with the general delay/uusitalo (again:
          vaapa muurari live - go buy!) vibe/attention to detail but it's
          unashamedly dancefloor friendly. music for mind and pants..

          while we're with that man: has anyone got to grips with vlad's 'anima'
          yet? i'm finding it a little less satisfying than entain, it's
          undeniably a thing a genius but seems lighter and more febrile next to
          the ebb and flow of that cauldron of subterranean nanobots..

          ______________________________________
          Chris Herbert chrish@...

          Mercia Software Ltd.
          Mercia House