Re: Game sounds

  • Kenny Johnson
    Message 1 of 21 , Feb 1, 2001
      Klangstabil released Sprite Storage Format and Gioco Bambino, both using
      Nintendo Gameboys for source material (released on Ant Zen and Plate
      Lunch/MegaHertz respectively). There are reviews (and an interview) on
      Re:mote Induction.
      http://members.tripod.com/rem_ind/audio/klang6.htm
      http://members.tripod.com/rem_ind/audio/klang7.htm
      http://members.tripod.com/rem_ind/audio/mhzfeat.htm

      I've got a game for the PC called "Hardwar" that came out a couple of years
      back. It's not bad as a game; kind of Elite-themed, and features graphic
      design by the designer's republic and music on Warp. The music includes
      Autechre, Aphex Twin, LFO, Black Dog and others. CD1 of the game
      occasionally finds its way into my hi-fi.

      Kenny

      Re:mote Induction
      http://www.remoteinduction.com/

      R:I Forum
      http://forums.delphi.com/remoteinduction

    • Mark Richardson
      Message 2 of 21 , Feb 1, 2001
        Can't believe that no one has mentioned the 1982 release by Buckner &
        Garcia _Pac Man Fever_. Check the track listing:

        1. Pac-Man Fever (Buckner/Garcia) - 3:48
        2. Froggy's Lament (Buckner/Garcia) - 3:18
        3. Ode to a Centipede (Buckner/Garcia) - 5:37
        4. Do the Donkey Kong (Buckner/Garcia) - 4:24
        5. Hyperspace (Buckner/Garcia) - 4:07
        6. Defender (Buckner/Garcia) - 4:02
        7. Mousetrap (Buckner/Garcia) - 4:00
        8. Goin' Berzerk (Buckner/Garcia) - 4:17

        Each of the tracks incorporates sounds from the game that inspired it.
        Seems to be the definitive work in this field.

        Mark

        _ _ _
        Mouse on Mars discussion list:
        http://www.egroups.com/group/vulvaland
      • Andrew Littlefield
        Message 3 of 21 , Feb 1, 2001
          There's also a track called 'Pacman' by Ed Rush and Optical.

          > ----------

        • Gwendal Cobert
          Message 4 of 21 , Feb 2, 2001
            > I've got a game for the PC called "Hardwar" that came out a
            > couple of years
            > back. It's not bad as a game; kind of Elite-themed, and
            > features graphic
            > design by the designer's republic and music on Warp. The
            > music includes
            > Autechre, Aphex Twin, LFO, Black Dog and others. CD1 of the game
            > occasionally finds its way into my hi-fi.
            Just out of curiosity : could you post the exact tracklisting ? seems
            extremely interesting....
            Thanks in advance
            Gwendal