  • ashley spradlin
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 13, 2001
      A quote someone forwarded me:

      "Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our
      generation as kids, we'd all run around in a darkened room munching pills
      and listening to repetitive music."

      -I have no idea who said that. Pretty funny, I think.

      Send a cool gift with your E-Card
      http://www.bluemountain.com/giftcenter/
    • Tiit Kusnets
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 13, 2001
        --- In thewire@egroups.com, ashley spradlin <ashleyspradlin@e...>
        wrote:

        > "Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our
        > generation as kids, we'd all run around in a darkened room munching
        pills
        > and listening to repetitive music."
        >
        > -I have no idea who said that. Pretty funny, I think.>

        "The Past Sure Is Tense"
        (Don van Vliet)

        - 'pretty', perhaps, thi's not, but 'funny' as hell ''s fo' sho

        t.
      • Big Block 454
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 9, 2002
          Quote from a music journalist on Sky News...

          "Rock is now a heritage genre, like jazz."

          Discuss...

          Big Block 454, Manchester, England

          News and Music Downloads :
          http://www.mp3.com/bigblock454

          Articles to stimulate your creativity :
          http://www.bigblock454.mcmail.com

          Miniature songs - 30 seconds long :
          http://www.mp3.com/454Mini

          Alternative email address :
          colin454@...
        • jonbeds@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 10, 2002
            Hello

            > Quote from a music journalist on Sky News...
            >
            > "Rock is now a heritage genre, like jazz."
            >
            > Discuss...

            Erm, even the word itself has a dated, flabby ring to it now :) Still,
            there's still great music out there being made with electric guitars. I
            hesitate to call it 'post-rock' as everything appears to be post-something
            these days!

            Jon