WRECK THIS MESS: TOP SPINS OF 2000

  • ninplant@xs4all.nl
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2001
      Since others have taken the plunge I thought I'd give my buoyant
      [lightweight?] choices for 2000:

      This was my Wreck This Mess Tops list for 2000 as part of an
      extensive survey of music that will be published in Muziek en Beeld,
      a Dutch music trade journal and sent further along via email...

      The 2000 list is not in order of best/favorite. It is a
      non-hierarchical listing. It could have included far more and some of
      these were probably not even released in 2000. In other words,
      informal.

      1. "Pop" by Gas [Milles Plateaux]

      2. "Cirque" by Biosphere [Touch / Ash Int]

      3. "Docking Sequence: BSI Campaign vol. 1 by Various Artists inc.
      Muslimgauze, Twilight Circus, Alpha & Omega... [BSI Records]

      4. "Wreck This Mess vol. 2" by Various Artists inc. DJ Spooky,
      Starfish Pool, Spectre, Audio Active... [Noise Museum]

      5. "Elevator 3" by Curd Duca [Milles Plateaux]

      6. "hmm" by Various Artists inc. David Toop, Carl Stone, Apache 61,
      Freeform, Opiate... [Sprawl]

      7. Crooklyn Dub Outernational Presents Certified Dope vol. 3 by
      Various Artists inc. Bill Laswell, Twilight Circus, Scarab, Layng
      Martine... [WordSound Recordings]

      8. "More Bass Than Space" by Various Artists inc. Bluey, Tribal
      Drift, Etherealites, Singers & Players, Doof... [Dubmission]

      9. "King Size Dub" by Various Artists inc. Dillinger, Smith & Mighty,
      Watershell, Black Star Liner... [Echo Beach]

      10. "Peps" by the Ultra Milkmaids [Ant-Zen]

      11. "The Illustrated Atlas of the World Dub" by the Tassilli Players
      [Universal Egg]

      12. "Lavatronic" by Norsq [Prikosnovenie]

      13. "Negative" by Mimetic Mute [Lytch]

      14. "Radio Slaves" by If, Bwana [Pogus]

      15. "Demolitions" by Justin Bennett [Spore]

      16. "Pawnee" by Astoria [Paniculture]

      for more info or to join the 1500 already on WTM playlist:
      Wreck This MeSS
      Radio 100 / Radio Patapoe
      bart plantenga
      email: ninplant@...