Re: [thewire] Okkadisc ???

  • Jason Witherspoon
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2001
      At 12:58 AM +0800 1/2/01, Tom Chan wrote:
      >What do U think about of www.dustygroove.com?

      Greatest thing since sliced bread. Don't expect any big bargains on
      their collectable vinyl, which tends to be right around book prices
      (and rarely better than VG+, for some reason-- probably they're
      scooping up all the NM's for themselves), but hey, they do get some
      ridiculously hard to find stuff in. You gotta check the site *every
      day* to come away w/the really hard to get stuff, as they freaking
      update daily & the really hot adds tend to be gone by the time their
      weekly new editions list comes out.

      As a source of obscure funk, brazilian, latin, jazz, & sleazy
      listening reissues, they're the best around-- and the prices on new
      stuff (Japanese jazz cds, Fela & Gilberto Gil boxsets) tend towards
      the phenomenally low. Making a big fat Dusty's order whenever I have
      some spare change knocking around is one of my most gratifying bad
      habits.
      --

      Jason Witherspoon
      ICQ #62837760