Happy New Ear: 49/32 Radio Archives updated 12/10-31/2000

  • David Beardsley
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2001
      Happy New Ear!

      I've updated the part of the 49/32 Radio archives from
      December 10-31, 2000

      49/32 Radio is the very first all microtonal streaming audio program
      on the net. Microtonal is a term that loosely covers any music outside
      of the 12 tone equal temperament commonly accepted in the Western
      world - the notes in between the frets of a guitar or the pitches
      between the keys of a piano. Microtonality isn't a style of music,
      rather an approach to pitch.

      Recent programs featured David Hykes and the Harmonic Choir,
      Baba Allauddin Khan Saheb, Henry Flynt, Rod Poole, Arnold Dreyblatt
      Aadat (Drums of Morocco), El Maallem Mahmoud Gania
      Mississippi Fred McDowell and Bukka White.

      http://www.virtulink.com/immp/jux/j_index.htm#events

      --
      * D a v i d B e a r d s l e y
      * 49/32 R a d i o "all microtonal, all the time"