New Derek Bailey?

  • mark ou
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 27, 2000
      Following on the heels of the Fushitsusha
      thread, I noticed there is a new record
      from Derek Bailey and Keiji Haino called
      _Songs_. Instead of a guitar duo, it's
      Bailey on guitar and Haino as vocalist.
      Anybody got this yet and have any comments?
      I particularly enjoyed Haino's voice/sax
      duo with Peter Brotzmann.

      Also, any info on the _Joseph Holbrooke 98_
      record featuring Bailey too? I'm far from
      a Derek Bailey expert, but I have enjoyed
      some of the music he's recorded in recent
      years, especially _Arcana_ and _Viper_.
      The album with Jamaaldeen Tacuma and Calvin
      Weston was a riot too...

      --mark.