Re: [thewire] All this acrimony

  • Jason Jay Stevens
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 3, 2000
      On Sat, 2 Dec 2000, D. M. Letham wrote:

      > Christ what have I started?
      No Christ on this list

      > I stand by what I said about people taking themeselves too seriously,
      I stand by you, King Monkey Sage-Equal-To-Heaven be my patron saint.

      > Do I care that any "contributors" have ended up unsubscribing?
      I don't. Hahahahahaha!!!
      I've seen it happen so many times. It's this recurring phenomenon.
      Somebody on one of these big lists sends off an eMail to
      everybody,expressing their disappointment in the topic of conversation.
      9 times out of 11 they threaten to leave the list.
      It's really self-gratifying to send one of those things off.
      And nothing else.
      It sure as heLL doesn't make anybody smarter (<--whatever that means)
      by doing it.

      Big deal. If you don't like it, and you can't find the DELETE key to
      make the stuff you don't care about go away,
      than LEAVE THE LIST.

      + From: JasonJayStevens
      + mediaArts&research
      + potterBelmarLabs