Chris Sharp[thewire] Digest Number 950

  • Chris Sharp
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2000

      There are 5 messages in this issue.

      Topics in this digest:

      1. Don't go, O!
      From: jamello@...
      2. Don't go, O!
      From: jamello@...
      3. Chris SharpDigest Number 949
      From: Chris Sharp <chrissharp@...>
      4. Re: Digest Number 948
      From: "DOUG NELSON" <fluffythegod@...>
      5. Re: a Full Xmas Monty, anyone?
      From: Jim Flannery <NEWGRANGE@...>

      Message: 1
      Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 17:21:34 EST
      From: jamello@...
      Subject: Don't go, O!

      Come back. We'll miss you. I'll miss you. Honest.

      We've been down this road before. OK, the list isn't always musical/intellectual rocket science, but I say ya get what ya give. It's ironic that the straw that apparently broke the camel's back -- Cale ad nauseum (I stand accused) -- was really just a discussion, albeit a surface one, of recommended Cale recordings. Whatever.

      I promise to behave from now on. No more cheeky bastard one-liners.
      -- JAM
      <I guess this will qualify me as Scrooge or something, but still: I`m outta
      here. This list contains nothing but cheeky (or cheesy) one-liners these
      days (weeks/months) on topics that could very well have appeared in Melody
      Maker or Select or NME or whatever. And how that John Cale-thread could go
      on for days and days and days (and mails and mails and mails) is beyond me,
      as I think most people "got" whatever there was to get after the first
      couple of tongue-in-cheeks.

      Yes, yes: no one will miss me and all that, but if it´s any consolation: I
      won´t miss this list, either. To be on the safe side: ;) >

      Message: 2

      Date: 30 Nov 2000 22:29:38 +0000
      From: Chris Sharp <chrissharp@...>
      Subject: Chris SharpDigest Number 949

    • Jawed Ashraf
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1, 2000
        FYI Chris Sharp is on holiday until December 7th. He's got some bloody
        auto-reply thing happening.

        Jawed