Clive Bell amazing he does so much

  • Ian & Val
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2000
      Have to confess when I heard that there was a Wire forum I thought that should be interesting. HOW WRONG CAN ONE BE
      endless threads of mindless drivel which reads like a wet copy of a broad sheet. Never mind continue a bit longer it may improve. This
      last month has been......so boring whats the point. OK I hear you all shout why not post something yourself........this is not the point. I can honestly say I have not encountered more than 3-4 postings worthy of response.
      personally I think The Wire should dissociate itself from obviously what has become a flop.

      Somebody asked whether there was two Clive Bells out there. I am sure there are many more. Yes it is the same person amazing isn't it

      Apologies to all those like me who recieve endless updated bulletins only to wonder...............for what

      Signing off
      Mark

    • simonsmith@readingchronicle.co.uk
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 2000
        I always got confused by the two Sean O'Hagans - the Microdisney one and the journalist one. Now someone's going to make me look stupid by revealing that they are (da da-da DAAHH!!) ... the same person.

        By the way, I take the point about mindless drivel on e-forums (it happens with them all), but it's slightly strange to complain about that for a good too paragraphs and then point out 'isn't it funny that there are two Clive Bells'

        Erm ... pot ... kettle .... black scenario.

        We had an interesting discussion going a few weeks ago about the value of packaging and image over content, I've gone out and bought the Low Christmas thing as a result of a posting, I'm going to look afresh at some old ECM stuff because of your recommendations and I know where to go if I happen to wind up in Tokyo next week. Come on .. it ain't that bad!

        Anyone else see Philip Jeck at the Sonic Boom thing by the way. My favourite live perfomance of the year. The review of him in December's Wire in Japan made me want to investigate more ... recording recommendations anyone??

        Subject: [thewire] Clive Bell amazing he does so much
        Author: MIME:mark@... at INTERNET
        Date: 01/12/2000 09:33

[...]

        -------------------------- eGroups Sponsor -------------------------~-~> eLerts
        It's Easy. It's Fun. Best of All, it's Free! http://click.egroups.com/1/9699/1/_/473762/_/975662121/ ---------------------------------------------------------------------_->

      • Jawed Ashraf
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 1, 2000

          >Anyone else see Philip Jeck at the Sonic Boom thing by the way. My favourite
          live perfomance of the year. The review of him in December's Wire in Japan
          made me want to investigate more ... recording recommendations anyone??<

          What was Philip Jeck's (Jenck?) thing? I really liked the Disinformation and
          Eno rooms...

          Jawed
        • Iris Garrelfs
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 1, 2000
            Try "Surf" on Touch (TO36). i think you can listen to it in real audio at
            atrecordings.com ....

            BitTonic live:
            http://www.artsonline.com/artspace/ramfiles/27_11_00_stream2.ram

            on 1/12/00 10:02 am, simonsmith@... at