Dub n Stuff

  • Ed Lynch-Bell
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2000
      looking for a good resource for Dub, Dancehall, and 50s,60,70s
      Jamaican music. i want to step out form things like the Dynamite
      series Jakie Mitoo comp, Recent Augustus Pablo and King Tubby comps,
      Max romero, Black ash dub and some other Sly and Robbie Stuff, like
      Taxi and Aux Armes Etc.

      Also would like to track down a sound I heard on a Sheffield pirate
      Station. A modern fast beated jamaican sound, about 130+BPM sort of a
      Ska feel. Only tune I've been able to Track down in this style is
      Glen Washington-'Let me be the one' on Joe Frasier records. although
      I heard some harder stuff as well not disjointed like ragga which
      name checks a lot of the sound systems, less lovers rock more
      concious.

      Be keen to find some more stuff in the Sizzla, Anthony B vein as well.

      Cheers for any advice

      Ed