9829Re: [thewire] keeping up, or not

  • Øivind Idsø
    Nov 2, 2000
      John Farrar wrote:

      > Bit of shooting the messenger. Napster is just the medium for linking
      > seekers to tracks. It's hardly their fault if people have crap
      > communications equipment and mp3s.

      Agree, but if Napster will charge me for linking to a bunch of faulty MP3s they
      really don´t have a very attractive product to offer. Of course, making this a
      centralized endeavour, where there´s a pool of properly encoded MP3s located at
      a stable server, would definitely make it easy for record companies to penalize
      them, so I can see the problem(s).

      Guess buying CDs still has its place. ;)

      /Øivind/
    • Show all 22 messages in this topic