8922Re: Sonic Boom cd/book question

  • Peter Marsh
    Jul 7, 2000

      gary wrote:

      >of interest in the show: christina kubisch, brian eno, greyworld, ryoji
      >ikeda, paul schutze, and the work projecting images temporarily onto the
      >wall (unsure of the creators name!). i felt drawn to and inspired by those
      >works that i became enclosed, engulfed and surrounded by

      the bloke you've forgotten is disinformation (aka joe banks). i'd vote for
      guitar drag and the koner/eastley piece, which was the most immersive thing
      i saw/felt there. it was (for those who may be interested) a dark
      cylindrical space - faint projections on the wall, otherwise blackness.
      drones which (i think) were being produced by gongs (somehow being
      stroked/resonated) hung around the wall of the space, high above the
      listeners head. interesting that the exhibition has provoked a lot of
      discussion/dissension amongst people i've talked to, mainly hinging round
      the question of what is sound art and how or why does it differ from music.
      whatever, it was nice to see mr toop giving all his mates a job...

      cheers

      peter
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic