8919Sonic Boom cd/book question

  • wheelhdog@aol.com
    Jul 6, 2000

      I've been lurking here for a few months and must say I really enjoy the range
      of artists and topics discussed here.

      I took advantage of that special offer to get the Sonic Boom 2 cd set and
      book last month and was wondering if anyone else had too. I was curious if
      all copies of the book
      are blank under Ryoji Ikeda's section? There's text but no pictures as with
      the other artists. The page numbers are 54 thru 57.

      Did anyone on the list go see the exhibit and if so do you have any thoughts
      or insights on it? I've yet to fully digest both cds and the book but so far
      it seems promising as far as "samplers" along these lines go. I really dig
      the sheer simpicity of "Guitar Drag" by Christian Marclay, that's the first
      thing that caught my ear/eye.

      Other artists I'm into at the moment: godspeed you black emperor! / The
      Flaming Lips
      Einsturzende Neubauten / A Perfect Circle / Erikki-Sven Tuur / Alan Lamb /
      Stuart Dempster / and I'm not kidding but I'm really looking forward to the
      new Bela Fleck & the Flecktones cd "Outbound" one track is described as
      being very John Zorn like.

      I guess that's enough for now,

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic