8911Re: [thewire] RE: Weird Pop

  • Randy Gelling
    Jul 4, 2000
      Thanks for the many suggestions, BTW a friend just offered to lend me a
      Tom Ze CD. One of my "guilty pleasures" right now (although I think it's
      quite good actually, but some would think I'm crazy) is an old album by
      Armand Van Helden called Sampleslaya: Enter the Meatmarket, a fractured,
      brilliant hip-house instrumental album that puts Moby and Fatboy Slim to
      shame. Nothing else by Van Helden quite matches this album, which I've
      read was considered a major flop. What do other people out there think?
      Anyone heard it?
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic