770Re: Environmental Music

  • Øivind Idsø
    Sep 1, 1998
      >On Sat, 29 Aug 1998, Mark Coyle wrote:
      >
      >I'm exploring music which uses or is made from environmental >sounds such
      as traffic, weather, storms and so on. I wonder >if anyone on list has any
      recommendations.

      You should definitely get Justin Bennett's "Cityscape" (Staalplaat). It's
      freaking brilliant! I had high expectations for this one, and I think every
      requirement has been met. There are some incredible soundscapes on this CD,
      and in addition the CD-cover is perhaps the most original cover ever
      (although it sort of makes the idea of a CD-rack a thing of the past).

      Thunderstorms, church bells, beautiful & rhythmic rain-drops,
      echo-chamberings from where?-I-don't-know. It's so good, and it's so well
      crafted/constructed/structured. Highly recommended, in other words.

      /Oeivind/

      /Oeivind Idsoe/
      "Cannibalism is a radical form of hospitality." -Jean Baudrillard
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic