43025/29/99 Playlist: Pushing The Envelope-WHUS/Storrs, CT

  • JoelKru@xxx.xxx
    Jun 1 7:59 PM
      Greetings!

      I have returned after a brief hiatus. Welcome to this week's
      playlist for the 5/29 edition of "Pushing The Envelope - Music Decidedly Left
      of Center. If you go to the
      <A HREF="http://whusfm.saup.uconn.edu/">WHUS web-site</A>
      (http://whusfm.saup.uconn.edu/) you can get all the information you need to
      check out "Pushing The Envelope" and all the other fine programming on 91.7
      FM - WHUS, the radio station of the University of Connecticut in Storrs. (By
      the way, I'm also hosting a jazz-fusion show on alternate Tuesday evenings
      from 6 to 9 PM starting June 1.)

      "Pushing The Envelope" airs on Saturday afternoons from 3 to 5 PM
      (FYI, London: 8-10 PM/Tel Aviv: 10-12 PM/Hong Kong: Sunday: 3-5 AM/Sydney:
      5-7 AM Thanks Gye!). It continues it's mission of presenting the best of
      avant-garde classical, rock, jazz, ambient, electronic, along with a healthy
      dollop of new and classic progressive rock (i.e., King Crimson, Boud Deun,
      Gentle Giant, etc.).

      As always, I'm constantly looking for new music to air. (Please
      note, all playlists are posted to the progressive rock, ambient, electronic,
      exotic, and contemporary classical music newsgroups, the Wire, Prog4U, and
      musings mailists, and in addition to all that, e-mailed to you.)

      If you have something that you'd like to share with our listeners
      (Yes, I DO play cassettes and DATs!), please sent it along to:

      Joel Krutt / WHUS
      Pushing The Envelope
      University of Connecticut
      Box U-8R
      Storrs, CT 06269

      e-mail: joelkru@...

      Thanks for checking out the list!
      'Til next time,
      Peace
      Joel

      5/29/99 Playlist: Pushing The Envelope

      ~Sand Who Stings - Walter Zooi - Dream Before Film - Physetter (1989)

      ~Moab - Jamie Janover - Evolutions: Hammer Dulcimer Improvisations -
      self-released CD (1993)

      ~Decoration Day (1912) - composer: Charles Ives/New York
      Philharmonic/conductor: Leonard Bernstein - Bernstein Conducts Ives -
      Columbia (197?)

      ~Dust - Cathars - <amorpheus> - Miau Miau International (1999)

      ~Fire Engine Passing With Bells Clanging/Pig/Orange Skin Food/A Door Opens &
      Closes/10:30 Returns To The Bedroom - The Soft Machine: Volume 2 - One Way
      (1969)

      ~Hearts (1993) - vocals: Shea Naer/bass: Tom Wendel - from sampler tape sent
      by Shea Naer

      ~Eight Lines - Steve Reich remixed by Howie B - Reich Remixed - Nonesuch
      (1999)

      ~The Apple BItes Back - Group 87 - A Career In Dada Processing - One Way
      (1984/93)

      ~914 - Liquid Tension Experiment - Liquid Tension Experiment 2 - Magna Carta
      (1999)

      Swedish Music Day (May 28)

      ~Sinik (1994-5) - composer: Christer Lindwal/ Kammarensemblen conducted by B.
      Tommy Andersson - (Keep The Change) - Phono Suecia (1999)

      ~Between The Pipes III - Sten Sandell - Behind The Chords - LJ Records (1998)

      ~If I May Trust The Flattering Truth Of Sleep - composer: Peter
      Hansen/vibraphone: Jerker Johansson - Trajectories - Slask (1996)

      ~Hotel & Drumsticks - Bjorn J:son Lindh - A Day At The Surface - Vanguard
      (1978)

      ~Andra Satsen - Samla Mammas Manna - Supernatural Fairytales: The
      Progressive Rock Era, Vol. 5 - Rhino (1976/96)

      ~Alias: Parts 1 & 2 - Ake Parmerud - Invisible Music - Phono Suecia (1994)

      ~Euchari - Garmarna - Vengeance - Northside (1999)