32Re: online resources

  • Andrew Grant
    May 4, 1998
      Have you tried Aquarius records in San Francisco? They are at
      http://aquarius.bianca.com/

      In the NYC area, most Wire titles can be found at Other Music, on 4th St,
      near Tower Records. They have been promising to go on-line for some time
      now, but nothing as of yet. The people at Aquarius seem to have a problem
      with Other Music -- they often make jabs at them on their website. I don't
      know why. Having been to both stores, I would have to say that Other Music
      is a far superior store. Very, very, cool people and no attitude. (Can't
      say the same for Aquarius.)

      However, Aquarius does have on-line ordering, though it is a bit antiquated!

      Recent purchases:
      Hikuioto - limited edition CD (500) of German/Japanese group (abstract
      techno? Like Panasonic, but you can dance to it? Not sure yet...)

      The Mood Mosaic vol. 3 -- 'The Sexploitation' (Loungecore stuff. Tres,
      tres cool.)

      The Mood Mosaic vol. 6 -- Jazz a go go (Cool compilation with very
      interesting lineup, including France Gall, Cal Tjader, Flora Purim, Carla
      Bley

      Brigitte Fontaine/Jacques Higelin -- 20 chansons d'avant le deluge (French
      chantuese and chanteur.)

      Listening to at the moment: Simon Fisher Turner -- Shwarma
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic