2896Re: DJs say you're doing it

  • Matthew Weber
    Apr 7 8:36 AM
      At 11:06 AM 04/07/1999 +0000, you wrote:

      >This is a music site, talking about a love of music, not politics

      No, this is a music *list*.

      >Leave politics out of talking about music, for fuck's sake

      Does music exist in some kind of hermetically-sealed sphere remote from and
      unaffected by politics? (For fuck's sake.)

      Matthew Weber
      Circulation Supervisor
      Music Library
      University of California, Berkeley

      I look into my glass,
      And view my wasting skin,
      And say, "would god it came to pass
      My heart had shrunk as thin!"

      For then, I, undistressed
      By hearts grown cold to me,
      Could lonely wait my endless rest
      With equanimity.

      But Time, to make me grieve,
      Part steals, lets part abide;
      And shakes this fragile frame at eve
      With throbbings of noontide.
      Thomas Hardy (1840-1928), "I Look Into My Glass," 1898
    • Show all 25 messages in this topic