2873Re: DJs say you're doing it

  • Dave
    Apr 6 9:30 PM
      At 05:01 PM 4/6/99 +0100, you wrote:
      >From: Andy Wilson <AndyW@...>
      >seems to me from this debate that his politics were just extreme
      >palestinian nationalism and, in essence, not so different from extreme
      >Israeli nationalism / zionism....... *formally* speaking they're weird
      >mirror images of one another, though in 99% of situations you'd find
      >me marching on the side of palestinian nationalism while laughing at
      >the ideology.
      >
      >in all, i would be very careful before making such easy equations as:
      >extreme anti-zionism -> proto-fascism

      While I'm not a supporter of either extreme zionism or extreme
      anti-zionism, if anything the opposite, extreme zionism -> proto-facism,
      seems to be more accurate. I remember a few years back when there were a
      lot of Russian gentils emigrating to Israel and gaining automatic
      citizenship because of an Israeli law which grants it to anyone with a
      Jewish grandfather, that there was talk of repealling the law in order to,
      in the words of one Israeli gov't minister "preserve the purity of the
      Jewish state." I found that statement mildly frightening, but feel free to
      disagree.

      -dave