2856Re: Anarcho-noise annoys.....

  • Andy Wilson
    Apr 6, 1999

      philip rhoads wrote:

      > it has long been a wish of
      > mine to publish
      > a book dedicated to those musicians/artists whose whole aesthetic
      was
      > motivated by political theory, and not by music

      i think i know what you mean, yet i wonder how easy it would be to
      draw the line. i've just finished reading eddie prevosts book 'No
      SOund is Innocent' and i'm not sure anyone could determine how much
      AMM were driven by aesthetic concerns and how by the political because
      - - in their case, and from a certain point of view, in everyone's case
      - - these may be the same things ... ?

      of course, if you meant 'musicians who care about politics but not
      music' then you may have defined the crass 'aesthetic' as well as
      describing a way to carve out an audience for yourself as a musician
      without having to do the difficult bit of thinking about your own
      music *as music* and it's relationship to politics.....

      - ------------------------------------
      Andy Wilson
      Technical Director
      ZINC
      http://andyw.zinc.co.uk/
      http://www.zinc.co.uk/
      97 Charlotte Street
      London´┐Ż W1P 1LB
      T: 0171 533 0519
      T: 0171 533 0533
      M: 0956 902 438
      F: 0171 533 0534

      http://www.msu.edu/user/forddavi/wirelist.html

      Have you visited our new web site?
      http://www.onelist.com
      Onelist: Helping to create Internet communities

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic