2711Re: Dumbing down...

  • DeeDee
    Mar 30, 1999
      It all
      > started when
      > I said I like Brian Eno. They all went "ahhhhhhh" looked at each
      > other
      > conspiratorially and moved on.

      It�s an important test life puts upon us good people, tough.
      I remember when I was 16 and the biggest Velvet Underground fan in the
      world. Everybody in school would nag me for this..I mean, they were into
      Dirty Dancing and Rick Astley (anybody remember Rick Astley ?)
      and George Michael at the time, and even tought that was music.
      That was the time when I learnt MISANTHROPY.
      Important.

      Even now, when I do my radio show sometimes the engineer rushes in to
      repair the mixing desk. It usually takes me 5 minutes to convince him
      that this strange buzzing noise is actually music and not the sound of
      some broken device or at least not some broken device inside the
      studio....
      He then usually leaves with a strange smile, probably thinking "let�s
      not argue. That guy might be dangerous."
      Isn�t it great being a freak to society ?

      Cheers,
      DeeDee