19987Khaled article

  • Jason Gross
    May 31, 2008
      Greetings,

      In the latest issue of Perfect Sound Forever
      <http://www.perfectsoundforever.com>, you'll find (among other things):

      KHALED
      Arab Pop in a Post-9/11 World
      "Shaherzad is just like Khaled's music, a melting pot that invites
      people to look past language and cultural barriers and simply get
      down. For me, born and raised a traditional Jew with anti-Arab
      prejudices to boot, the fact that I count a Maghrebi Arabic singer
      among my all time favorites is all the more reason to explore what
      makes Khaled so special. Khaled's music reflects a tradition whose
      modern era begins with the end of World War II, fifteen years before
      Khaled's birth."

      We're always looking for good writers and/or ideas so let us know if
      you have anything to share.

      See you online,
      Jason